So you have a business and you have started to build a team. How do you motivate your team members but not manage them? In my experience, having a motivated network marketing team is all about creating ongoing memorable experiences. As Maya Angelo said, “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will NEVER forget how you made them feel”.
This is an age-old question in the industry. How do you motivate your team members but not manage them?
My advice is as follows:
- Plug them into your company’s systems as soon as possible.
- Ensure they know the basics.
- Get them inviting and seeing immediate results.
- Do three way calls with them until they can do it on their own.
- Promote company calls.
- Attend company events and check in on your team to see if they are going with a lot of notice.
- Coordinate sleeping rooms and hotel info.
- At events, make them feel seen and heard by giving them quality time.
- Recognize them verbally when you are not together.
- Recognize them for all wins in person when you are together.
- Take lots of pictures so you and they can remember your remarkable times.
- Celebrate their birthday, anniversary and special dates.
- Get to know them personally.
- Send random cards letting them know you are thinking of them.
- Call just because.
When you focus on building relationships, you will be amazed at what your team will do for you. Often, people will build more for you, if they feel cared about, than they will for themselves.
Also this gives you the power to remind them of their goals and dreams and encourage them to take action or help them develop the skills they need so they can take the necessary action.
This industry is really about the teamwork and relationships.
So…. don’t forget that part.
Did this blog help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below!
Have an outstanding day!!